A virtual conference & networking event for pre-med students, medical trainees & Cardiology Fellows interested in a career in Cardiology
Come, spend a few hours and join the conversation!
Connect with other Under Represented Minorities in Medicine (URiM) and women trainees to engage, discuss and interact with established regional and nationally known Cardiologists and learn about the journey to become a Cardiologist.
This conference seeks to connect URiM and women candidates with senior URiM Cardiologists to inspire the next generation.
Using a town hall meeting format the conference will engage the larger community of pre-med and medical students, residents and fellows in the greater Philadelphia region. The goal for this town hall meeting is to engage, a wider community of URiM and women trainees from the city of Philadelphia who attend the four large academic centers – University of Pennsylvania, Thomas Jefferson University, Temple University and UMDNJ-Cooper. However, all URiM and women trainees are welcome.
Topics for discussion will include:
- Career development opportunities
- How to develop an academic portfolio
- How to pursue a fellowship in cardiovascular medicine
- How to land your first job
- And other topics of relevance for medical trainees from under-represented minority groups as they pursue careers in cardiovascular medicine.
- Dr. Ileana Piña – Clinical Professor of Medicine, Central Michigan University
- Dr. Annabelle Volgman – Professor of Medicine, Rush College of Medicine
- Dr. Melvin Echols – Associate Professor of Medicine, Morehouse School of Medicine
- Lewis Katz School of Medicine at Temple University Faculty and COVE-NP Scholars